SMALL GROUP CLASSES
Thank you for visiting me here!
I'm looking forward to offering material near and dear to my heart (and my SI joints, low back, and shoulders🤓) in an intimate, small group setting. As I begin my journey through school for Physical Therapy, it's exciting to build something of my own. I hope you'll join me for a unique yoga experience that blends modern exercise science with mindfulness practice.
Classes are limited to 5 participants to monitor form and maximize personal feedback. You may join any class at any time. Skills are taught progressively and can be scaled back or forward to meet you where you are. All levels of experience are welcome.
Advance registration and payment are required. $28 per class (non-refundable, see cancellation policy). Please register through the links below for the dates you wish to attend.
WHAT IS YOGA CROSS-TRAINING?
Add some variety to your movement diet! I created this unique class to make yoga asana practice stronger, safer, and more intelligent. Every class includes joint mobilization, whole body strength training, playful movement drills to wake up body and mind, all in a yoga class environment.
- Challenge your body/brain connection and improve motor skills with unfamiliar movement patterns
- Learn strength-building strategies for joint stability with resistance bands and innovative use of props
- Avoid aches and pains common to yoga practitioners by training balanced muscle tone
- Meet yourself with friendliness as you uncover and awaken blind spots
- Try new stretching and mobilization methods that touch joint angles not often accessed in yoga asana
WHAT IS ROLL & RESTORE?
Whether you've been cycling, running, lifting, caring for children, sitting at a desk, traveling, or just being a New Yorker, this class provides an opportunity to rest and unwind.
- Restore resilience to your tissues with self massage
- Repeat simple movement patterns to focus the mind, improve motor control, and ease mobility
- Minimize pain and discomfort by moving in ways that counter daily stress on the body